Tres Leches Cake

Tres leches = three milks in Spanish; tres leches cake is a lactose-intolerant person's nightmare but it's my dream. I used The Pioneer Woman's recipe and it came out way delicious. I even brought it into work and my Latina coworker gave it a stamp of approval so I was satisfied that it was authentic as well as delicious. I definitely recommend that if you love tres leches cake but have never made it, you should make it. And if you've never tried it, you should definitely find a restaurant that serves a delicious slice or be adventuresome and make it. And if you already have a great recipe for it and make it all the time, well, good for you.

Since PW does the recipe better, takes prettier photos, and tells a nice story along with her recipe, I'm not going to go into the gritty details. Instead, I'll just slap this photo collage down and call it a day. Reminds me of my sticky buns post, except the photos aren't as comprehensive - I just snapped them whenever there was an "OOH!" moment.
I particularly like this photo with the perfectly unpopped yolks. Pristine.

Plopping the whipped cream on top of the cake was also an exciting moment because it meant it was almost time to eat.
And this shot is probably the best of all because it was just a second before I stuffed my face.

Comments