Wild Mango's (2)

We took a second trip to Wild Mango's because we enjoyed it so much the first time. I had been apprehensive about eating any meat that wasn't seafood just because what we'd seen in the grocery stores had made me really nervous. However, 4.5 days into our trip, I was craving red meat. The first time we went, I saw that they had a steak with chimichurri and I'm a huge fan so we went back to order it.

We each got a smoothie again, and this time, they were all different colors so I'm sharing a photograph of each. My dad got a papaya smoothie and my sister got an orange and mango smoothie.

I got a strawberry and coconut smoothie which was so delicious.

We got some jalapenos stuffed with shrimp - basically super awesome jalapeno poppers - that came with a delicious cilantro sauce. The breading was nice and crispy and the shrimp filling tasted awesome with the spicy jalapeno.
We also shared the fried snapper, which was really yummy. The skin was crispy and the fish was so flaky and moist; it was cooked so expertly. It came over a ragout of sorts, with bits of tomato, onions, peppers, and olives. Even though I'm not a fan of olives, I still thought the sauce was delicious and it complemented the fish.
The fish came with a side of rice and fried plantains. The rice was fluffy; don't know what else to say because it wasn't anything special, though, don't get me wrong, I needed those carbs with my fish. The plantains were nice and ripe and delicious. My mouth is watering thinking about those plantains as I write this.

Like I'd mentioned above, this beef dish was the reason I wanted to come here. The chimichurri wasn't the type of chimichurri I usually prefer (I like lots of cilantro and enough garlic to ruin your breath) but it was still flavorful and yummy. Although the meat was a bit tough, I still enjoyed eating red meat for the first time in a week. I almost needed that chewiness.
The beef also came with roasted potatoes and vegetables. The potatoes were seasoned with paprika, I think; they reminded me of curly fries.
We asked for some hot sauce and our waiter brought us this trio. The far one (orange) was a mango habanero. The middle one (green) was a cilantro habanero. And the close one (red) was just a regular habanero. All three were quite delicious, though, not as spicy as I would've hoped.
We had room for dessert so we got the banana chimichangas, which we definitely enjoyed. They came with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, a gooey chocolate sauce, and a sticky caramel sauce. The plate was sprinkled with salted cashews, which helped balance the sweetness. Overall, a truly decadent dessert that was meant to be shared.
I enjoyed my second Wild Mango's experience as much as the first and would recommend anyone staying in San Pedro to stop by.

Cheers.

Comments