Tunisian Harissa Sliders

So over the Memorial Day weekend, I made sliders. I used my basic burger mix, split it into three, and made three different types of sliders.

Today, I'm sharing my tunisan harissa sliders. A little back story: my sister, while living in Ithaca, entered a contest at this cute shop in the Ithaca Commons called F. Oliver's. This shop sells awesome flavored olive oils and balsamic vinegars. The contest involved submitting a recipe using an olive oil and a balsamic vinegar from the shop and my sister used my fig & goat cheese tartlet recipe. She ended up qualifying as a finalist. The shop threw a small party with a tasting of the finalists' recipes and my sister said that they ran out of the fig & goat cheese tartlets and people really enjoyed them. The other finalist's recipe had plenty of leftovers but she must've been more popular or invited more friends because she won the vote. So, my sister got second place.

A few Sundays ago, my sister graduated so my family went up to Ithaca for the ceremony and afterwards, we went to the Commons to pick up her prize at F. Oliver's. We ended up getting a meyer lemon flavored olive oil and a Tunisan Harissa olive oil. The Tunisan Harissa was spicy and really flavorful and I thought it would be a great addition to a burger.

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon tunisan harissa oil
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
chipotle gouda cheese
8 slider buns


Now, I realize that not everyone will have access to Tunisian Harissa oil. However, you can substitute in any other amazing flavored oil that you enjoy or to get the same spice, use a bit of cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper, and chili powder.

Start by combining the basic burger mix and the flavored oil.
Split the beef mixture into 8 portions and create patties.
Then cook the patties. I used a cast-iron skillet instead of the grill because it was raining. Flip and top with cheese.
Slice up some mushrooms and saute them in the same pan that the burgers were cooked in.
Place the burgers on the buns. Top them with sauteed mushrooms.
And then enjoy. These burgers are full of flavor and spice.
Here's the recipe page:

Comments