Basic Burger Mix

Burgers are one of my favorite foods. I've shared a few "specialty" burger posts (Italian-style, cilantro burgers, A1) but I haven't shared my basic burger recipe yet. So that's what I'm doing today.

Ingredients [makes 4 to 6 burgers]:
1½ lbs ground beef
½ cup diced onion
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 egg
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 small potato rolls (torn into pieces)
Mix all of the ingredients together gently. Don't squeeze the mixture; just carefully stir with (clean) hands until the ingredients are just barely combined.

Once the mixture is ready, you can form it into patties and cook it (or grill it) and top it with your favorite fixings. Or, you can stay tuned for the rest of this week's posts to see what I did...

Here's the recipe page:

Comments