What I Ate: For Dinner (2)

Hello! This is the first of two posts that have been prescheduled for while I'm away on holiday! I'm hopefully sunning in Santorini as this goes live.

I figured I would keep things casual around here while I'm away so I decided I would share another 'What I Ate: for Dinner' post, as I have collected quite a few photos of some of my more memorable meals from the past few months.
There's a mixture of really summer meals in there (the grill is featured a few times) but there are also some heartier dishes from when the temperatures dipped here and there early in the summer.

MEAL 1
This meal was really summery in particular: sweet potato fries on the grill (with fresh rosemary from the garden), a big salad, and delicious burgers.
MEAL 2
I made a really watery version of my basic tomato sauce (by adding some stock and some wine) and then cooked my penne directly in it. I also stirred in tons of grated cheese, made some bruschetta toasts smeared with basil pesto and sundried tomato pesto and just simple cheese and made a big salad and some roasted vegetables. This was a delicious meal and it made for awesome leftovers.
I also made some delicious strawberry sparkling moscatos to enjoy with the pasta. Because what goes better with pasta than wine?
MEAL 3
I made a simple eggplant with garlic sauce (with a little soft tofu stirred in) and a thai red curry with chicken drumsticks and lots of fresh cilantro. We ate this with fluffy jasmine rice and it was delicious.
MEAL 4
We had ourselves a delicious Indian-inspired meal with some spicy chicken tikka masala (with eggplant), roasted vegetables, red onion chutney, some Indian-style couscous, and garlic naan.
MEAL 5
For a simple, healthy-ish dinner, we had a simple grilled flatbread pizza smeared with goat's cheese, drizzled with honey, sprinkled with crushed red pepper flakes, and then generously topped with baby arugula, sliced tomatoes, and caramelized onions.
MEAL 6
On this particular evening, we had some beans & rice, skirt steak with chimichurri, crumbled queso fresco, freshly fried tortilla chips, and an avocado and corn salsa.
MEAL 7
We enjoyed lots of grilled ribs this summer. To accompany the ribs, I made roasted vegetables, a frisee salad, and a Greek-inspired Israeli couscous made with lots of cucumber, tomato, onion, dill, and Greek yogurt. It was pretty delicious.
MEAL 8
There were some lovely pork chops at the market so I made a modified version of grilled pork with tiny rice sticks with pickled carrot and daikon (except without the carrot because we ran out).
MEAL 9
We had another meal of grilled ribs, but this time with some mash and sauteed kale.
MEAL 10
I picked a generous amount of basil from our garden and whipped up a pesto with cashew nuts and a huge chunk of parmesan. I've decided that I love cashews in pesto because they make it extra creamy and decadent.
MEAL 11
I made a big pot of cheesy salsa chicken (using habanero cheddar), some rice, platanos maduros, and roasted vegetables. These leftovers were awesome the next day at work.
So there you have it; another roundup, done.

xoxo.

Comments