What I Ate: Frisée Salad

This salad was inspired by my trip to France and my dinner at Café des Federations. It was one of the yummiest salads I've ever eaten. My other favorite salad is the Yama special salad but that's not even the same genre so I don't know why I even brought it up. Anyway, this salad had texture, flavor, spice, and it was friggin' delicious so I knew I had to make it for myself at home.

I decided to make this a 'What I Ate' post because I'm not writing out the instructions (because it's straightforward but also because I'm lazy) but if you need them, there's a recipe page at the bottom so don't fret.
Ingredients [serves 2 as a hearty entree or 4 as a starter/side dish]:
1 head frisée
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
2 oz. salt pork or bacon (basically a 4" piece of salt pork or 2 thick slices of bacon)
ciabatta roll
+ olive oil
1 egg

{ingredients}
{hard boiled egg}
{lardons in a cold pan}
{lardons crisping up}
{crispy little lardons}
{cubed bread}
{drizzling olive oil}
{crunchy croutons}
{dressing ingredients}
{mixed up dressing}
{torn frisée tossed with dressing}
{salad topped with yummies}
{enjoying one of the most delicious salads ever}
Here's the recipe page:

Comments