What I Ate: Blueberry & Cheese Galettes

Summer berry season is amazing. It makes the produce section at the market smell so lovely and it makes my stomach happy. I made some galettes with blueberries and cream cheese (to mimic a danish-style pastry) and they turned out pretty amazing.
I let them get a bit toastier than usual in an attempt to get the crust nice and crunchy so that they'd be extra delicious straight out of the oven and at room temperature. It was still crunchy even when I enjoyed one for breakfast a day later, so these keep really well.

For the cheese filling, I just combined a ¼ cup of room temperature cream cheese, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 egg, and ¼ cup of icing sugar and stirred until smooth.
I didn't feel like dirtying up the food processor so I made the pie dough by hand.
xoxo.

Comments