Thanksgiving Recap 2014

I hope everyone had an amazing Thanksgiving. We had an extra low-key Turkey Day this year and it was awesome. We spent the morning day drinking and cooking and then we stuffed our faces. I thought I'd share the dishes we whipped up.
I'm already psyched to eat the leftovers.

This year, the turkey was extra spectacular and I think it was because we brined it extra long. I brined the turkey on Monday.
The turkey got a really nice butter massage and got stuffed with lemon wedges, rosemary, thyme, and garlic.
Once the turkey was in the oven, I made us some breakfast. We had taylor ham and egg sandwiches.
For starters, we made a chicken liver mousse. I'll be sharing the recipe for this too because it's delicious. I know livers aren't everyone's cup of tea but I think they're quite good and they're cheap. Plus, c'mon, chicken liver mousse sounds so fancy.
We made stuffing and jazzed it up with andouille sausage.
We made a three cheese mac. Gruyere, fontina, and gouda are the best for making mac & cheese.

We made mushroom gravy.
We made roasted brussels sprouts with bacon bits.
We made green bean casserole (from scratch). I'll be sharing the recipe eventually because it's crazy worthwhile.
We made garlic & leek mashed potatoes.
Seriously, this bird came out deliciously. It was flavorful and moist and so good.
I piled my plate high and went back for seconds and thirds and then, while we were packing up all of the leftovers, I had myself a snack.
Oh, so usually, I make a homemade cranberry sauce but this year, we went with canned jellied sauce because we were feeling nostalgic and we actually love the canned stuff in our house as much as the fresh stuff.
It was so delicious. I wish I could relive it.

Cheers.

Comments