Milkshakes

I'm not a fan of drama. I'm pretty introverted and low-key so I mostly enjoy keeping to myself and I prefer to limit my interaction with people. I'm v. selective about who I spend my time with because I consider my time to be quite valuable and I always want to enjoy myself and I want to be happy.

I had a little bit of drama in my life recently though. On this particular morning, I was feeling extra bummed so I wanted to reward myself with a little treat. I had just made a batch of vanilla bean ice cream so I grabbed a few scoops and made myself a decadent milkshake. I know it's getting colder these days, but who can say no to a milkshake? Not I. Although, to be fair, we've been having a bit of a warm streak these days so it's totally appropriate right now.
Ingredients [for one]:
½ pint ice cream
¼ to ½ cup milk
+ chocolate sauce
+ whipped cream
+ rainbow sprinkles
+ berries
My blender has a dedicated milkshake blade. A normal blade works too, but this one's just a little better at swirling the creamy ice cream.
Plop a few big scoops of ice cream into the blender and pour in a splash of milk. Start with about 1/4 cup; you can always add more if you need it but you don't want to add too much to start and end up with a runny shake. Blend it until it looks smooth and creamy, drizzling in more milk if necessary.
Pour the milkshake into a tall glass (chilled in the freezer to keep your shake colder for longer) and then garnish, as you please.
I added a generous drizzle of chocolate sauce, a dollop of whipped cream, a little more chocolate sauce, rainbow sprinkles, and then a fresh raspberry. If I'd had maraschino cherries, I would've used one of those because I LOVE those sugary candied cherries. But, I didn't, so I didn't.
If you've got a cute straw, use that. You must use a straw. You can't tilt a milkshake into your mouth. You'll end up taking a bath in it.
I like to grab the straw and give the whole thing a swirl to mix in the chocolate and sprinkles. This delicious dessert just shoved all the drama out of my brain and made me so happy. I went with vanilla but you can use any flavor you like. It's your treat so make sure it's a flavor you'll love.
Here's the recipe page:

Comments