Easy Tofu

Happy Friday! So sometimes I am super lazy - so lazy that I don't want to make anything amazing for dinner and so lazy that I don't properly document the process. Today, I'm sharing a simple tofu dish which I always make when I'm in one of these crazy lazy moods.

Ingredients:
12 oz. package of soft or firm tofu (not silken)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
¼ teaspoon sesame oil
½ teaspoon sesame seeds
½ teaspoon rice wine vinegar
3 to 4 cloves of garlic, sliced
½ long hot pepper, chopped

Start by boiling some water and then placing a block of tofu in the water. Let it boil for 15 to 20 minutes to allow it to get steaming hot all the way through.
Meanwhile, mix together the rest of the ingredients (soy sauce, sesame oil, sesame seeds, rice wine vinegar, garlic, and hot pepper) to create a sauce.

Once the tofu is hot, cut it up into whatever size piece you prefer. Let it sit for a minute and then drain off any excess water that might have leached out from the tofu after cutting.
Then, pour the sauce over the tofu pieces and enjoy!

Here's the recipe page:

Comments