What I Ate: Turkey Salad Sandwich

Greek yogurt is my mayo substitute.
Ingredients [enough for 4 to 6 sandwiches or individual salads]:
2 cups shredded leftover turkey (or chicken)
1 cup Greek yogurt (or mayo, if you prefer)
1 celery stalk, diced
1 small shallot, diced
1/2 apple, diced
1/2 cup grapes, chopped
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon crushed pepper flakes

+ bread
+ salad

This recipe is super self-explanatory. Just chuck all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix them all together. Slap the turkey onto a sandwich or scoop it on top of a salad. Boom. Done.
It's the perfect mixture of savory and sweet and spicy. I look forward to these leftover sandwiches as much or maybe more than the actual Thanksgiving meal. Anyway, you don't need turkey leftovers to make this. You can certainly use leftover roast chicken or a store bought rotisserie chicken or even pieces of diced grilled chicken or turkey. The point is that you need to make it because it's delicious.

The day I packed this for lunch, I sat at work all morning, watching the clock and waiting for the hands to point to '12' whilst my stomach growled and churned. And then, when I finished eating it, I wrote this post and got hungry all over again.

Here's the recipe page:

Comments