Gingerbread Hot Chocolate

Today is the last day of gingerbread week! It's so sad! Except, it's Friday so I'm probably the happiest I've been all week. Anyway, I've just got a simple variation on my classic hot chocolate recipe. It's gingerbread hot chocolate, duh! I thought it was a nice and cozy way to end the week. It's supposed to rain and maybe snow tonight so I'm going to whip up another cup when I get home.

This one's seriously so super perfect for curling up with a good book. We recently redecorated our living room (we even repainted the walls and ceiling and trim!) and during this little makeover, I made the coziest little reading nook. This hot chocolate is my new favorite reading nook beverage. I've been saving the fifth book in the 'A Song of Ice and Fire' series because I didn't want it to run out of books before the sixth and seventh are finally published, but I couldn't wait any longer. Since it's a rather bloody, gruesome, intense adventure, I like to offset it with something sweet and warm, like this cutie pie of a drink.
Ingredients [for one]:
1 cup milk
small cinnamon stick
3 to 4 tablespoons gingerbread syrup
¼ cup chocolate chips (I like dark chocolate, or Ghiradelli's 60% cacao)
pinch salt
+ marshmallows
+ gingerbread cookies

Start by warming up a little milk with a little cinnamon stick. Place the saucepan over a low heat and let it warm up just until scalding.
Remove the milk from the stove and whisk in the chocolate chips until they melt. Drizzle in some gingerbread syrup and sprinkle in a little salt. Oh! And fish out the cinnamon stick.
Pour it into your favorite mug, top with a toasted marshmallow, and a gingerbread cookie.
Enjoy this sweet and spicy drink immediately. Quickly! While it's still warm!
Here's the recipe page:

Comments