New Year's Cocktail

Guys, 2014 has flown by so fast. It's insane. This has been an amazing year. I recapped all of the fun things I did over on my travel blog, if you're interested. I contemplated doing a recap here of my favorite recipes but honestly, it's not as fun to recap food as it is to recap travels and crafts. Sorry, food. You're still my #1, I swear!

Anyway, since it's New Year's Eve, I thought I would be festive and share a little boozy fun that you can whip together this evening. It's barely even a cocktail recipe. It's more just a decorative suggestion that will make any cocktail look really festive. This would work for birthdays too. Actually, if you changed up the sprinkles to be thematic, then it could work for virtually any holiday. Red sprinkles for V-Day! Green sprinkles for St. Paddy's! Red, white, & blue sprinkles for the Fourth! Pastel sprinkles for Easter! I could go on, but I think you get the picture.
Ingredients [for one]:
graham cracker crumbs
rainbow sprinkles (or other sprinkles to suit the holiday)
honey
ice
dash imitation vanilla (imitation vanilla tastes like birthday cake)
4 oz. RumChata (or Bailey's or chocolate cream liquer)

*You could also just use milk if you want to make mocktails for the under-aged drinkers.

Honestly, I think it's pretty obvious how this drink was assembled, but in case you've already slung back a few, I'll help you out.

Start by smashing up a graham cracker to make some crumbs and then mix them together with some sprinkles.
Squeeze a little honey around the rim of your glass and use your finger to spread it all around.
Dip the rim of the glass into the crumbs and sprinkles.
Look at how festive that is already and we haven't even got to the liquor yet!
Grab an ice cube and plunk it into the cup and then pour in your libation of choice.
That's it! do a little clinky clink, a little cheersy cheers, and then gulp it down. Yeah, real ladies chug their alcohol. Oh, you didn't know? Then I guess you're not a real lady. Jokes! Don't let peer pressure get to you. Just sip your drink as you please, responsibly, of course.
Cheers and Happy New Year, everyone! See you in 2015!

Comments