Mexican Bagels

This is a post inspired by my favorite breakfast place from my college days, CTB (Collegetown Bagels). They had a bunch of bagel sandwiches but this is probably the one I got the most often: the Mexican bagel. It was a bagel of your choice with jalapeno cream cheese, salsa, and jack cheese, toasted in the oven.

I felt a little lazy and wasn't in the mood to make my own jalapeno cream cheese so I decided to use pepperjack cheese instead of regular jack cheese.

Ingredients:
1 bagel (flavor of your choice, I used plain)
1 tablespoon cream cheese
2 tablespoons salsa (I used storebought, you could make your own)
2 slices pepperjack cheese
All you have to do is split the bagel, spread on some cream cheese, spread on some salsa, top it with cheese, and then stick it on a sheet pan. Pop in the broiler for 5 to 7 minutes until the bagel is warmed through and the cheese is melty.

Look at that melty cheese!
All that's left to do is enjoy! Super hearty breakfast that covers all your basic food groups: carbs, proteins, dairy, and veggies - that right there is mostly sarcasm but it's technically true. Eat up!
Here's the recipe page:

Comments