Turkey Soup

Just like yesterday's post on turkey salad, I did a post on turkey soup last year, along with turkey salad. But, like I said yesterday, every year, things turn out a little different depending on what we have leftover, what is in the house, and my mood and ambition levels. This year, we had quite a bit of roasted vegetables leftover so I added a bunch of that to the soup. We also had a bunch of fresh kale that wasn't used and I absolutely love kale in soup.

Ingredients:
2 turkey wings (or whatever turkey bones you have leftover)
1 cup shredded turkey
1 cup water
4 cups vegetable stock
2 cups roasted vegetables (we had turnips, onions, baby bell peppers, and sweet potatoes)
1/4 cup pasta (I used ditalini, which is my preferred pasta shape for soup)
1 cup chopped kale
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

This recipe is really easy. Basically, throw everything into a big pot, except for the kale and pasta. Bring it to a boil and then reduce the heat and let the soup simmer for 30 minutes to an hour to let the ingredients meld and to draw out some turkey flavor from the bones. About 10 minutes before you're ready to serve, throw in the pasta and then about 2 minutes before you're ready to serve, throw in the kale.
Serve hot, once the pasta is al dente and the kale is wilted.

Here's the recipe page:

Comments