Turkey Salad Sandwiches

I did a post on turkey salad last year but I'm doing another one this year, which is just slightly different (no grapes) but still delicious. Why is it different? You know, cooking is not a precise science and things change depending on my mood, what's available in my kitchen, and how lazy or ambitious I am. Anyway, if you're like me and you have leftovers that need to be used and you enjoy bringing your own lunch to work, this is a good recipe.

Ingredients [makes 6 servings]:
2 cups shredded turkey
1/2 cup diced apple
1/4 cup diced onion
1/3 cup diced celery
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
+ 1 loaf fluffy Italian bread (or any bread of your choosing)
+ 1 tablespoon butter, softened
+ 1 tablespoon cranberry sauce

Start by mixing up the salad ingredients (everything except the bread, butter, and cranberry sauce).
Then, spread some softened butter on the bread and toast (I used my oven broiler) until golden. Then spread on some cranberry sauce, pile on the turkey salad, and then cut to serve.




And for your convenience, here is the recipe page:

Comments