Tuscan Kale Salad

This is not something I came up with on my own. I just really wanted to share it because it was delicious. I saw this kale salad on Smitten Kitchen and thought immediately, "I have to make this!" So, a few weeks ago, even though I didn't have a working kitchen, I saw tuscan kale at my market and decided that it was fate.
On Smitten Kitchen, Deb uses pecorino romano and walnuts and adds a crispy breadcrumb. I decided to use almonds because I'm not a big fan of walnuts and I used asiago cheese, just because that's what I had in the fridge and I didn't use the breadcrumbs because before I could heat them up on our grill, we ran out of propane. Nevertheless, it was delicious.

I used a really tasty olive oil and plenty of black pepper and this salad was so delicious. The noodle-like ribbons of kale are amazing and the longer it sits in the dressing, the better it is. It's one of the only salads that I like wilted.
Make this salad, please! You will not regret it.
Cheers.

Comments