Wild Rice Pilaf

And yet another post on yummy side dishes to go with steak; this time, it's a carbohydrate. You could go for a traditional baked potato or garlic mashed potato but I like rice pilaf, except this time I'm making it with wild rice. I like wild rice because it has a more interesting texture and I'm all about texture.

I used the same technique as my previous rice pilaf post, except use wild rice and use butter instead of olive oil.

Ingredients:
1 cup rice
1-1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 small sweet onion, diced (about 1/4 cup)
1 tablespoon butter

Start by heating a saucepan and add onions and butter. Sweat the onions for a few minutes until they start to become translucent. Add rice and stir to coat each grain in butter. Add chicken stock, stir, and cover the pan. Leave alone to cook for 10 to 12 minutes until the rice has absorbed all of the stock.
Fluff and serve.
Here is the recipe page, for your convenience:

Comments