Cooking on the Go

When I went to Hawaii back in January, I stayed in a condo and our whole group did a lot of cooking at "home" instead of going out for every meal. To prepare, I packed a bunch of spices in a free daily pill case (from my local pharmacy - most pharmacies have these up for grabs) and a little jewelry/bead case from a craft store.

It's good to get the type of case where you can open each compartment individually - not one where the entire lid comes off all at once just to prevent spillage and/or accidents. I packed a nice variety of spices that I thought would be useful for my destination. Since I assumed we'd be consuming lots of seafood, I thought of what sorts of seasonings would be great on fish and shrimp and packed accordingly.

This is a great idea for picnicking too.


Comments