Coconut Mushroom Curry

Remember the Indian feast I shared yesterday? Well, one of the dishes I made was a coconut mushroom curry. I sort of just made it up as I went and it ended up being pretty delicious. And considering that 90% of the Indian dishes I have in my repertoire are tomato based, I figured I needed to expand a bit. This ended up being pretty delicious and really flavorful in contrast to how easy it was to whip up.
Ingredients [serves 2]:
1 tablespoon butter
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Thai chili peppers, sliced
¼ onion, diced
4 oz. mushrooms, sliced
½ cup coconut milk
½ teaspoon garam masala
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper

This one's seriously easy. Grab a pan and pop it over medium heat. Add the butter, onions, garlic, and peppers. Cook until the onions are soft. Then, add in the rest of the ingredients and simmer until the mushrooms are cooked through and have absorbed the flavors of the sauce. And that's it. That's the curry; done.
This curry is rich and warm but it isn't heavy. The balance of the sweet coconut milk with the fragrant cilantro and the warm spices makes this such a comforting dish. Plus, the hearty mushrooms make it difficult to miss meat.
Here's the recipe page:

Comments