Pineapple Margaritas

I feel like because it's summer and because I have a bottle of tequila staring at me on my counter every day, I've been obsessed with making margaritas. This time around, I decided to make a pineapple marg.

While I worry about breaking my margarita glasses after imbibing, I do feel like drinking a margarita out of a smoothie glass just wouldn't have the same impact and it just wouldn't taste as good, right?
Ingredients [serves 4]:
1 ripe pineapple, chopped
1 cup coconut water
2 limes, juiced
1 cup tequila
1 cup ice
1 tablespoon sugar
½ teaspoon himalayan salt
½ teaspoon lime zest

It's really easy. Basically, just chuck everything (except the last three ingredients) into a blender and whizz it up until smooth.
Rub the spent lime wedge along the edge of a chilled margarita glass and dip into the lime salgar.
Pour the pineapple puree-enriched margaritas into the glasses and serve! The pineapple wedge and maraschino cherry garnish is optional, but I think it's compulsory.
We had these margaritas with fish tacos. Having a margarita with Tex-Mex is also compulsory in my eyes.
Cheers!

Comments