Momofuku Milk Bar Birthday Cake

Just for kicks, even though it was no one's birthday - though one could make the argument that this weekend is America's birthday - I made the Momofuku Milk Bar birthday cake. I saw the recipe on Bon Appetit's website and I couldn't resist. And, I thought it would be a super fun and festive post to share just before the holiday weekend. I know that it's way too hot to turn on an oven, but if you're willing to spend a few bucks to crank up the air-con, it would be worth it.
To make it more thematic for this weekend, you could make this with patriotic sprinkles! That would be so fun.

I made some minor modifications - namely increasing the sprinkles quantity and using butter instead of oil in the crumbs - but it came out fabulous and v. similar to the actual Momofuku cake.
xoxo.

Comments