Water Kimchi | Mul Kimchi (물김치)

This summer has been pretty awesome in terms of weather. It's the first summer in years that I can remember it actually cooling down at night instead of staying blistering hot 24/7. Despite that, I still crave cooling dishes that remind me that it's summer.

Ingredients:
1 lb. radish or cabbage
5 scallions
5 cloves garlic
1" piece ginger
1 tablespoon red pepper paste
¼ cup salt
6 to 8 cups weter
1 to 2 tablespoons fish sauce

I made my kimchi with radishes from my garden, roots and tops. Chop up the radish into manageable-sized pieces. Throw all of the ingredients into a jar and shake to make sure the seasoning is homogenous and well distributed. Let the radishes pickle and ferment for one to two days before popping in the fridge to chill and then enjoy!

The pickling liquid makes for a great base for naengmyun and then you can garnish with the actual vegetables.

This is the perfect summer meal with the perfect summer pickle.

Here's the recipe page:


Comments