What I Ate: Crispy Mushroom Pasta

There's a Whole Foods near my office that I'll sometimes pop into to buy random ingredients that aren't available at my usual grocery store (like rosewater; the reason I needed rosewater will be shared in a couple of weeks). While I was there a little while ago, I noticed a lovely selection of mushrooms and decided I wanted to make a fresh, cheesy pasta with loads of crispy mushroom. I don't have a recipe for this; it's just a simple bechamel-turned-mornay with mushrooms crisped up in garlicky, buttery olive oil. Then, I finished the dish off with a little lemon zest, just to brighten and lighten up the pasta; it was pretty perfect.

I hand-cut the fresh pasta into really wide noodles, like beyond tagliatelle, maybe even beyond pappardelle. I just thought it was more fun that way.

xoxo.

Comments

  1. Absolute delight to watch this Crispy mushroom pasta. I would definitely try to make this soon. Thanks for the wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!