Brownies

Greetings from Istanbul! Actually I'm not there quite yet but I'm jetting off this afternoon. I'm v. excited to indulge in some Turkish Delights and in the spirit of treating oneself, here's a post on some really decadent, fudgy brownies.
Start by melting the chocolate chips and butter together in a saucepan over low heat. It's important that you heat them gently so that nothing burns or seizes. As soon as everything is JUST melted, remove from the heat and add the vanilla, salt, and sugar. Whisk until it is smooth and glossy and then set aside to cool for about 10 minutes.
Once the chocolate mixture has cooled, add in the eggs (I opted for the 3-egg batter because I prefer a more cake-like brownie), sift the dry ingredients together, and then combine to form a batter.
Grease and flour the pan (8" x 8" or 9" x 9" pan is ideal) - I opted to use a little more cocoa powder instead of flour - and then add in the batter. The batter will be incredibly thick so use a spatula to smooth and spread it out.
Decadent.

Comments