Thanksgiving in Review

Thanksgiving was a whirlwind. It was so busy and so hectic, just the two of us (my sister and I) in the kitchen that I didn't get a chance to do much documenting. Part of the reason we were so busy is because we wanted everything to be homemade. However, I'm proud to say we were incredibly organized and managed to get everything done in 3 hours, minus the minor preparatory work we did on Wednesday (like making the giblet stock and cranberry sauce, putting the turkey in brine, and making dessert).

Here's a few photos I managed to capture:

Cranberry Sauce

Roasted Vegetables
Garlic, Parmesan, & Chive Mashed Potatoes
Israeli Couscous
Turkey (didn't manage to snap a photo before Papa started carving)
We used Alton Brown's Turkey Brine, which made the turkey so flavorful and moist. I highly recommend it.

Cornbread Stuffing (with chorizo and dried cranberries)
Blurry Green Beans (whoops) with garlic, hot pepper flakes, and bacon

Cheddar Mac & Cheese
Here's my full plate! We also made corn and cornbread, and I didn't take any photos of those, but those are both pretty unimpressive.
Baklava
Chocolate Chip Cookie Truffles
Apple Crisp

My stomach got a pretty good workout from that meal. And I was really impressed with our organization and execution of the meal. 10 dishes + 3 desserts in 3 hours plus an hour of preparatory work? Not bad.

I hope your Thanksgiving was as lovely as mine!

Comments