What I Ate: Piccoli Cuscini

So I was watching a video of someone shaping agnolotti and I was really into it (because it seemed much less fussy than ravioli) and decided I wanted to try it. As I was doing more research, I found out that agnolotti refers just as much to its filling as it does to the shape and because my plan was to fill my pasta with fresh homemade lemon ricotta, it would not qualify as agnolotti. Agnolotti is supposed to be filled with roasted meat and/or vegetables and even if I followed the shape, the ricotta would mean my filled pasta should just be referred to as ravioli.

I didn't even have a fancy fluted cutter either so in the end, my pasta shapes resembled little pillows, which I threw into Google translate and it spit out "piccoli cuscini" so that's just what I'm going with.

I made a delicious ragu (except I used some cheap chunks of chuck instead of flank) that simmered on the stove for hours, made pasta dough, and spent a glorious afternoon leisurely putting this meal together. It was really great because quarantine life is pretty boring and this was a great distraction.
This was so good, I want to eat it again.
xoxo.

Comments